What are you thankful for this season?
Parents as Teachers is thankful for parent educators like these.
These are the trained professionals who:
- give families the education and support they need to promote their children’s healthy development and prepare them for success in school.
- help parents understand what to expect during each stage of development and how to promote the best development in their children.
- demonstrate respect for the unique needs of families and understand the influence of diverse family systems, culture and socioeconomic status in child dvelpoment and school readiness.
- help parents establish healthy and safe environments and parenting pratices that allow children to learn, grow and develop to realize theri full potential.
- strengthen families by building partnerships, connecting parents to supports, and foster parent engagement and leadership in schools and community organizations.
These are the professionals who supported more than 350,000 children and their families last year…visiting families wherever they live to ensure children are safe, healthy and ready to learn.
Parents as Teachers is thankful for parent educators willing to visit families on farms and on reservations, in big cities and small towns, in the Arctic Circle and on tropical islands, in child care centers and homeless shelters…everywhere families live.