Early childhood is increasingly recognized as a period when investments in healthy development and prevention of child abuse pay high dividends. As a result, communities everywhere are tapping into home visiting programs, like Parents as Teachers.
Home visiting programs offer a spectrum of services to support families with young children. Which is best for your community? That depends.
- If your goal is to improve outcomes only for teen mothers, Parents as Teachers can do that, but other programs have that demographic as their exclusive focus.
- If your goal is to reduce child abuse and neglect among high risk parents, Parents as Teachers can do that, too, but other programs focus only on child abuse and neglect.
- But if your goal is to improve outcomes for young children, including those with special needs, those with teen parents, children in poverty, diverse families of different cultures, children of first-time parents or second, third and fourth-time parents…this is where Parents as Teachers can—and does—bring results.
Parents as Teachers been shown to:
- increase parental involvement and knowledge
- increase school readiness and success
- improve children’s health
- reduce child abuse and neglect
Only Parents as Teachers has a presence in all 50 states as well as in seven other countries.
Contact Parents as Teachers.