We hear it all the time: I don’t have budget to attend professional conferences! Well, here are some tips from Parents as Teachers:
- Don’t miss the early-bird registration deadline, Sept. 1, 2012.
- Pay by credit card. (Purchase orders incur an extra fee.)
- Ask for the Parents as Teachers room block when you register at the conference hotel. We’ve negotiated a reduced rate for our conference attendees.
- Open to sharing a room? The rate’s the same for a double as it is for a single.
- If you’re flying, check the special travel rate Parents as Teachers has arranged with American Airlines.
- See if driving is less expensive. Use Mapquest to calculate the distance, then multiply miles by .51/mile (federal authorized mileage rate).
- Maximize your learning and minimize your travel. Register for pre-conference and take the LSP or OAE training while you’re here.
- If you can only attend one day of the conference, take advantage of our reduced one-day rate.
- Join us for the many food options that are provided: opening reception on Wednesday evening, lunch on Thursday and Friday, plus coffee breaks.
- Conference attendance can give you a full year’s worth of required professional development credit.
- Build your own conference! Many options are open to you if you customize your experience.