You’ve seen them in the stores…wave bottles that capture a small child’s attention for extended periods of time! They’re simple to make, and you can customize your wave bottle with tiny treasures that mean something to your child.
What you need:
- A clear, empty plastic bottle with lid
- Baby oil or mineral oil
- Blue food coloring (optional)
- 3 or 4 small items to put in the bottle (milk jug lids, crayons, sequins, small plastic figures)
- Fill the empty plastic bottle ⅓ full with oil and ⅓ full with water. Add a few drops of blue food coloring if you wish. (This makes it prettier to watch!)
- Place the small items you’ve collected in the wave bottle, then seal the bottle tightly with the cap, followed by glue and tape.
Have your child hold the bottle and encourage him to move it, shake it and roll it.
Tip: Make an “I Spy” bottle by filling the bottle ⅓ full with salt.
Then follow step 2 above.