Sometimes kids just have to make noise so why not encourage it?
Here’s a fun way for your child to make noise while learning to control his muscles and emotions at the same time. Believe it or not, banging objects and making music help kids get rid of stress and calm emotions.
What you need:
- Large metal cans and other large containers or bowls
- Variety of drumsticks, such as metal and wooden spoons, or paper towel tubes
What to do:
- Turn over the containers and have your child bang on them.
- Experiment with the sound. Try different drumsticks.
- Add different sized cans and tape them together to make a drum set.
- Clap with the rhythm your child is creating.
As your child bangs out sounds and repeats patterns, pathways are being created in his brain. You’re helping his brain grow!