Here’s a fun way for your child to paint, while he explores textures, develops his small muscles, and begins to learn that the marks he makes can have meanings.
What you need:
- Large plastic tray or table cloth
- Zip-top freezer bag
- Finger paint, hair gel, corn syrup, or other gooey liquids
What to do:
- Use a tray or plastic table cloth to make a play surface for this activity.
- Place a small amount of the liquid in the freezer bag. Seal the zip-top, then tape it closed.
- Give your child the bag. Allow him to explore how it feels.
- Ask your child what he sees as he draws on it with his finger.
- Show him how to make letters and shapes.